Week 9 - Melanie Esparza

Earth Song As Storywork: Reclaiming Indigenous Knowledges

Earth Song As Storywork: Reclaiming Indigenous Knowledges tells the story of Indigenous women who hope to find a place for their Indigenous beliefs and practices in academia. Earth Song refers to the song that the Earth sings to its inhabitants. Indigenous people have traditionally had the ability to listen to this Earth Song and translate its messages. As I read this paper, I was reminded of the finding of my group’s research on Ayahuasca ceremony. The Indigenous peoples of Peru have curanderos who are plant people who can speak to nature. This is what makes them so powerful. They are able to listen to the Earth and give it what it needs while simultaneously being able to ask things of Earth and Spirit such as what plants to use in a medicine. As I explore spirituality, I have become much more attuned to nature. The sounds of nature, and particularly wind and trees, have become some of my favorite things. I have recently gotten into a new genre of music that focus on mother nature and very soft melodies. It makes me feel much more connected to the earth and allows me to better appreciate the beauty of the world we live in. One of my current favorite songs is “Cuatro Vientos” by Danit. 





Sourced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pclv31cDTTc
Cuatro Vientos - Danit - YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts