Week 5- Alesha Byrne

This week was a bit difficult for me to tie together themes, and I found myself looking more for descriptive media that would help me to understand them. In both of the wifi articles, I found that much of the material focused on active methods to reduce the amount of wireless connections used in school [and other] settings. Perhaps somebody can help me answer this- is there the potential to make a user-safe version of wifi that doesn't have such intense effects on the human brain? Or is this just a hazard of current day technology that we will eventually abandon? It was shocking to learn that we are exposed to 100 million times the microwave radiation that our grandparents did. I wonder if the human brain will eventually become immune to microwave radiation or adapt to its presence in our lives.

Finally, with the "You Are Here" article we were introduced to practices of mindfulness and the current studies of what spirituality in a medical connotation can do to benefit a person. I found a video on youtube that helped give me a solid connection to what that means for people who are diagnosed with depression. I wonder the extent to which doctors have tested mindfulness with a chaiplain [or with any other belief] against control groups- IE a group with depression or another mental illness, and others who do not have those conditions.

Just full of questions this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHV8PZDTH4


Comments

Popular Posts