Week 5: Stacey Kling - Rethinking the Western Health Services

Rethinking the Western Health Services 

I thought the article "You are Here: Locating 'Spirituality' on the Map of the Current Medical World was very interesting and my first time learning about chaplaincy. The quote "Chaplain's spiritual care process could help patients transcend their emotional disturbances to connect with their 'self' and reach ataractic state of peace" really stuck out to me because it seems like such a great thing for patients to be able to have. However, I feel that it is still far from being practice widely in Western hospitals. To get that care, most of the time you need to be a member of a private religious hospital, leaving minorities and low-income people out of the picture. My question is: how can we help minority and low-income folks get the spiritual care they need in hospitals?

Image result for chaplaincy

Comments

Popular Posts