Week 5_Yueming Tan

Week 5
ASA 189
Yueming Tan
You are here

In the article "You are here: locating spirituality on the map of the current medical world" by Parameshwaran Ramakrishnan, the author mentions the relationship between medicine and the world of the faith/spirit and how their leaders treat their patients. This is an interesting article because people are always looking for evidence to show the connection between medicine and belief/spirit. It is tough for atheists to believe how personal beliefs or psionics can cure diseases. I have never experienced a mental healing practice like a shaman, and I still maintain a neutral attitude towards the existence of the spirit. On the other hand, I am interested in the “chaplain's spiritual care” mentioned in the article because I have never experienced the way the chaplain connects the patient to himself and seek help from the patient. However, I am always curious and expecting the world of spirit. Every time I went to the church with my Housemate, I felt the peace of mind.

  • http://sjnovi.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/church-interior.jpg
  • Ramakrishnan, P. (2015). ‘You are here’. Current Opinion in Psychiatry,28(5), 393-401. doi:10.1097/yco.0000000000000180


Comments

Popular Posts