Week 1 - Yufei Liu

I was born and raised in a family that does not adopt any particular religion. My mom takes me to the Buddhist temple almost every year to say prayers; I attended a Christian high school to study the Bible and God’s virtues; now as a college student I am constantly learning from my friends from various religious backgrounds everyday. I have friends that believes in atheism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, and many more. I have always gave everything a chance and I have been pretty open to learn about everyone’s perspective. However, I have never given much thought to what I actually believe in as the truth. I would not call my self an atheist even though I do not have a particular belief in any religion. I do not necessarily believe that there is a higher being, but I feel that there are other beings coexisting with us. In my opinion, when our loved ones pass, they are still somehow connected to us. They do not just vanish as their heartbeat stop. I have a strong feeling sometimes that my grandfather, who passed away when I was a baby due to terminal cancer, is still somewhere watching over me and blessing me. Every time I think of him, I feel connect to him. A crazy thing is that even though I was a baby that cannot remember anything at the time, the image of my grandfather standing next to my cradle watching me and and smiling keeps popping up in my head. I even confirm with my mom how he looked like and littles details about his gesture only to realize that it indeed happened and it is not a dream out of no where. My feeling that my grandfather and I have a special connection became stronger to me. Other than this, I do not have many weird psychic events that happened to me.

Yufei Liu. (2016, June 5). Worship.
Retrieved from https://scontent.fsac1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13335757_1896273503932873_8034960937680502253_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQmkGgcZS4-8cxW5mZux6VKnV1JQ0sg1iaZo5-WVR4UeRYd0So7JIcFGE5ul21mkBsbQjAc0tIfWWnCqpylcrkef&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.fna&oh=01b05c9ec9aa29649a67822cd0d0d5c0&oe=5D9B52CC

Comments

Popular Posts