Week10 Xinyu Yang

Week 10
ASA189
Xinyu Yang
Through this class made me realize what is "real". In fact, as my first blog said, I don't have any spiritual experience myself, maybe it happened but it was ignored by me. I realized that I was bound by "science." As we have discussed the educational system's neglect of spirituality. Even in the 12 years from my primary school to middle school, I have been told by the school that spirituality is superstitious. This lesson has changed many of my cognition. And when I prepared our team project, I discovered more about the theory of spirituality. I realize that spirituality is not only related to religion but also can independent of the religion. Religion has different rules, but spirituality is a personal feeling. This is very private and difficult to share. What impressed me a lot was the commodification of religion mentioned in the reading materials. This is also my willingness to think that spirituality needs to be different from religion. I don't want to offend anyone, but personally. I believe that the spiritual is there, but I keep my suspicions about religion.

Comments

Popular Posts