Ziqi Yin - Week 3


Ziqi Yin - Week 3

            This week's topic is Spirit Healers. Before I read the article  “The Pa Lor Story - The Journey Between Two Worlds.”, I didn't even know we have Spirit Healers in our world. Pa Lor goes to the spiritual world, looking for lost spirits or ways to help people in real life. She noticed the sound of drums and flutes, which she then repeated during the ceremony. In her speech, she said incense, white candles and flowers were important elements of the ceremony. Compared with doctors who prescribe medicine for patients, Don't give people drugs because they will feel different from others and should not be subject to a lot of drugs. Shaman priests have helped those who have lost their souls, weakened or taken away their souls, and helped that soul return to its original owner. This not only means that the profession is endorsing spiritual beliefs, but it also means that patients can be helped in many ways. After reading her story, I want to participate in spiritual healings by shamans to help cure or protect me and my family. It is a culture shock after Pa's and Houa's experience. In my opinion, I think the idea of shamanism is very interesting since It gives really great power. 






Question: 
After read the story, I have a question: Is it truly the power from Shamanism or placebo?

Work Cited:

“The Pa Lor Story - The Journey Between Two Worlds.” Txhawb, 20 Nov. 2018, txhawb.com/the-pa-lor-story-the-journey-between-two-worlds.

Comments

Popular Posts