Week 10: Christina Lukban

As this class has come to an end and the quarter is almost over, I cannot help but reflect on how everything went these last couple of months. Coming into this class, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I signed up for ASA189 because of how much I enjoyed having Professor Valverde in ASA2, but what I didn't know was that instead of what Schedule Builder said to be "Intensive Treatment of a topic in Asian American Studies" (which was extremely vague lol) this class was teaching Spirits Realm Studies. I remember being very confused on the first day of class, but I never had any intent to drop. From the very beginning I really enjoyed how intimate the class environment was and everyone's will to share their own personal experiences. Before this class, I've always been skeptical about spirituality and the Spirits Realm. Even when it came to religion, I would see it as just something people made up to feel comfortable about life after death but I always wanted some sort of proof to believe in it. I learned a lot from this class and it opened my eyes to topics I never really thought about. Going into the health field, I really enjoyed learning about how spirituality could be integrated into being more understanding of my future patients and thinking about alternative ways of healing for people. I loved everything about the class and all the people but I wish we had more interactive experiences instead of watching movies all the time (even though all the movies were very enjoyable and eye-opening).



Comments

Popular Posts