Week 10 - Eunice Valencia

Eunice Valencia
ASA 189B
Week 10

 
Coming into this class I had no idea what to expect. On schedule builder, it said “culture” and I’m really interested in Asian American culture so I signed up. However, I did not know this class was Spirit Realm and Spiritual healing. I came into class open minded, not really knowing what the class was about. As the class went on, I was able to learn different beliefs that people practice. For example, I learned so much about Shamanism just from the guest speaker. I wish we had more guest speakers to talk about their beliefs and experiences with spiritual healing. But I like how Professor Valverde is very interactive and engages with the class. She is one of the most chill professors and she is strongly passionate about what she believes in, which I admire a lot. Everyone was able to express how they felt and their experiences in life such as near death experiences.
I also liked that we did group research/projects. The Spirit in a Box group project was also very interesting. It was cool to see everyone come up with different ideas and their creativity. As we did the project, I was able to understand more of what different cultures believes in/practices and how they use spiritual healing to heal physically and mentally. Doing lecture in the grass and being one with nature was relaxing. Learning a little bit about meditation and crystals was also very interesting. I also realized how corrupt the
Overall, I didn’t know what to expect but I’m glad that I was able to learn from this class and my classmates.

Image result for peace of mind 

Comments

Popular Posts