Macrina Mackan - Week 9

The theme for this week's class is the future of spirit realm studies. I believe this to be a very important topic as we come close to finishing the quarter and school year. One of the assigned readings was a paper titled, "Earth Song as Storywork: Reclaiming Indigenous Knowledge". In this paper the authors ask the question on whether it is possible for indigenous academics to combine their academic work with Indigenous ways of knowing. These indigenous ways of knowing draw on earth song and storywork. The authors of this paper concluded that not only is the combination possible, but it can be used to create a harmonious voice that will help them reclaim their power as Indigenous academic women. Reading this paper and thinking about this week's topic has me wondering about my future relating to spirit realm. I have gained so much knowledge and have started to believe in things that I didn't before. There is no way I could just abandon everything I learned and pretend my life has not been changed. My life has changed and so have my views. I hope to keep studying this topic from time to time, but I know some of the things I learned will be in my life every day. My question is how can we incorporate spirit realm into more colleges so that people can learn about alternative ways of thinking? I feel like people take one look at the title for this class and blow it off. I would have never taken this class if it wasn't for it fitting perfectly in between my other classes. What I have gained the most knowledge about from in this class is crystal healing. I hope to fill my home with crystals and use them to draw out my intentions.

How Healing Crystals Are Used in Design - Crystal Decor Trend

Comments

Popular Posts